Tuesday 8 May 2012

Confidence


My whole life, all i've ever cared about is what people think about me or what they're saying behind my back. I used to get so self-concious, that my confidence had dropped so low. I could never talk to a boy that liked me because i felt as though they were too good for me. I cannot take it anymore, it's ridiculous. If someone starts an argument with me, i usually would just it back and take the pain because i was too scared about what others would think of me. I have now ealised that al people thought of me was that i was much too shy and quiet to have a conversation with. People have told me that i'm a pretty girl but that didn't really help my confidence because i never believed them. If someone payed me a compliment i would never take it. I have now learnt to listen to the things people say to me, it's a little confidence boost.
One thing that always used to get to me was the 'likes' on peoples photo's on facebook. I always used to think that having 5-10 likes on my photo was awful because some girls that were ''popular'' got about 60-70, and they were the type of girls all the boys went for, but i have now realised they are also the type of girls that get drunk every night since they were 13 and slept with a different person every week. All Facebook seems to be is a ''popularity'' competition these days. I also absolutely hate the term ''popular'' as most people use it for the girls who get the most boys/ boys that get the most boys. Theres another word for them.. sl*ts (sorry for my use of language, I understand that not all boys/girls are sl*ts). Anyway, my point- popularity isn't about how big your chest is and how many boys go for you, it's about how many people like you right? This is something that always annoyed me throughout my school years. If you are in school/uni and are going through a tough time right now where you feel lonely, don't worry. we’ve all been there. But it’s time for you to realize how common these things are, and that they’re experienced by most people. Those people get past them such as myself, and you will too.

-TheMakeupGeek <3

No comments:

Post a Comment